Business travelers are depending on mobile technology to an extensive degree, claims a new report from business services giantTravelport.
According to the company’s research findings, better than half of business customers presently depend on mobile technology for several key aspects of business travel, including searching and booking hotel stays.
Travelport polled over 600 corporate travel buyers, agents, hospitality and travel professionals around to world (although only 150 responded) to acquire the data used in the report. Among the company’s noteworthy findings:
- 80% would like to see mobile applications offering suggested restaurants and bars around the hotel location
- 67% would like similar apps offering suggestions for recreational activities.
- 71% rank Wi-Fi as one of the most important technology solutions that should be included as standard in hotel rooms – 82% of travelers expecting this service to be in all rooms within five years.
- 54% wanted more transparency and choice when it comes to charges for optional extras
- Many in the poll commented that they should only have to pay for the services they really want or use when traveling for business
- There was limited appeal for mobile apps which could record TV channels remotely or convenience solutions like the ability to adjust the temperature of the room when away.
Pinpoint Advertising Agency can help you promote your business. www.pinpointadagency.com
SMS Text Messaging, Location Based Services, All Things Local Mobile Application